Since I just bought my new Macbook Pro, I had to reinstall all of my Firefox extensions, plugins and tools. So, I figured, hey, why not write a detailed post with examples about my “Top 7 Firefox extensions, plugins, and tools” that are near and dear to my heart!
Top 7 Firefox Extensions, Plugins, and Tools:
1. Firebug: If you haven’t used this yet and you are working on something internet related then you are surely missing out. I love the fact that I can pull it up to either fix issues, work on making adjustments on the fly, doing competitive analysis or a site audit.
2. Y! Slow: Since site speed is such an important part of conversion, you can use this to do some testing on your websites to test how they are running in certain environments. It provides data like overall page size and # of seconds the page took to load. Now, note that this all depends on your connection speed, always remember that there are people downloading pages at slower speeds, then you might be.
3. SearchStatus: I love the SearchStatus tool because it has the ability to show me PageRank, Alexa Rank and Compete Rank. I know, I know, I think we are all passed using PageRank as a measuring stick (My PageRank is bigger than yours!…Ha! I’ve been dying to say that!), but still beneficial none-the-less. Also, search status is very easy to do things like turning on no-follow highlighting, link reports, meta tags, etc.
4. SEOBook SEO for Firefox Extension: If you are an SEO, this is definitely a tool that you need to for competitive analysis, link building and even helps me when doing keyword research.
5. SEOBook Rank Checker: Another great tool from SEOBook and something that I end up using daily. (Yes, I’m addicted to rankings! Don’t lie, you are too!)
7. LiveHTTPHeaders: Simply put this is great for checking HTTP header status codes, is great for verifying 301/302 redirects, 200’s, etc.
Don’t forget to follow me on twitter: Tony Adam
This is the best, and most clearly written, top extension list I’ve seen so far — and being an extension developer, I’ve seen a lot.
I like how I have 6 outta the 7 extensions installed on my PC at work. Goes to show something…. 😉
Nice list, I use all those and many many more.
I would add one more to the list
http://www.linkdiagnosis.com/ firefox extension
Interesting list. I don’t use all of them but did get new informative information from it. Thanks
Excellent list Tony!
I use Firebug, Web Developer Toolbar and SEOBook, the other ones were new to me. Thanks!
Excellent post Tony!
This is very interesting list, though few of them I already using but LiveHTTP Headers is new for me, I m gonna try it out right now. Cool post.
Thanks for sharing such valuable resources with the SEO world. 🙂
My favorite that you’ve missed is https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3362 – this allows you to keep a very close eye on what your competitors do tracking every change on their website.
NIce List..And i used seobook and web developer for my research…