Facebook Ads have elevated social media marketing to a new level, integrating advertisements into our Facebook feeds. For regular users, ads may be just another set of boxes appearing on the right side of the News Feed, but for marketers, they are an opportunity to promote their product or service to the desired audience. Luckily, cool targeting options like location, demographics, interest and behavior let you specify and choose who should see your ads.
Beside the generic options, Facebook lets you dig a bit deeper and connect with people who have a specific relationship with your brand, or find new potential leads based on their traits and those of your current (or ideal) customers. With most of the world on Facebook, you can now reach customers significantly more efficiently.
The hidden Facebook Ads gem you are looking for lives under the “Audience” tab in Ads Manager. We highly recommend you open it. There, you will find the Advanced Facebook Ad targeting which encompasses three possibilities:
Facebook Ad Custom Audience Customer File
The Custom Audience – Customer File option reaches your existing customers on Facebook.
- Email: To use this option, you need a list of your customers’ email addresses. You can upload a CSV or TXT file, copy-paste the data, or import email addresses directly from MailChimp. Facebook will then cross check those email addresses with that of its users and create a highly specific ad audience.
- App activity: To reach people who use your app and who take specific in-app actions, you need to integrate Facebook’s SDK for iOS, Android or Canvas. That way, every time somebody takes a specified action in your app, they will be added to the Custom Audience list.
- Engagement on Facebook: This is the newest Custom Audience option, allowing you to target people who are already engaged with you on Facebook. You can segment people who viewed your Video, opened or completed a form in your previous or existing ads on Facebook, opened your Canvas on Facebook, or interacted with your page.
Custom audience targeting is a great way to strengthen the connection with existing customers. You can use it to send special offers to users who are deeper into the buying cycle, or those who already made a purchase, and now you want to turn them into returning or loyal customers.
Facebook Ad Lookalike Audience
The Lookalike Audience option helps you create a new target audience based on traits and characteristics of your current customers.
To create a lookalike audience, you need to select a source: a custom audience list, Facebook pixel or page fans.
Next, you need to choose the target country and the size of your audience. Note that the size of the audience is based on the total audience in the chosen country. Smaller audience size is more likely to match your source audience, but larger audiences increase the potential reach. Make sure your source list consists of at least 100 people. The more people in your source group, the more accurately Facebook can find people who are similar to them.
There is one more advanced option – creating up to six different lookalike audiences. That way, if you measure conversion value for people in different audiences, you can separate them by different ranges of similarity to the source group, and bid differently for audiences you value differently.
Lookalike audiences is a great option if you wish to grow the number of new leads, increase brand awareness and exposure, or even tackle new markets.
Facebook Ad Custom Audience From Your Website
Creating a custom audience from your website is an excellent way to remarket on Facebook to people who visited your website or linked web pages, who haven’t necessarily completed an action or left their contact information.
To take advantage of this option, you need to create a Facebook pixel to build a custom audience. This way you can focus ad campaigns only on people who are your website visitors.
By creating a custom audience based on website visitors you will be able to:
- Get people back to your website and complete the purchase
- Utilize the custom audience to find new people, similar to your website visitors
- Gain additional value from new customer acquisition campaigns by excluding existing customers
- Measure and optimize ads for website conversion
You will effectively address specific potential customer’s pain points and get them to return to your website again and again, while gaining new customers.
Social media marketing is an important part of digital marketing strategy, with 2 million Facebook advertisers as proof that Facebook Ads connect with new and existing customers. However, it is likely that many are not taking advantage of the advanced targeting options and strategies. Without carefully planning your targeting strategy, you may end up throwing your money away.
Luckily, we are versed in developing and employing a powerful strategy that will grow your business. If you want to grow the number of website visits, raise brand awareness, promote your product or service to new customers and bring the existing ones back to your site to complete a purchase or make a new one, drop us a line and we can help get the most out of Facebook Advertising.
[pexcirclecta pex_attr_small_title=”Grow Your Business” pex_attr_title=”Get in touch and find out how our team can help you drive results!” pex_attr_button_text=”Contact us today” pex_attr_button_link=”http://visiblefactors.com/contact/” pex_attr_button_link_open=”same” pex_attr_button_color=””][/pexcirclecta]